Where to eat
Bars and cafés
Where to sleep
What to do
Festivals of interest
A great selection of the heritage and historical legacy of Almendralejo.
Get to know the
The building was put up in 1924 by José López Sáez under the direction of the architect Aníbal González, and consists of three floors with a classicist façade that resembles the one in the Carolina Coronado Theatre. Its exterior decoration is based on pilasters, mouldings, bas-relief decoration and glazed ceramics. Its pictorial decoration was carried out by the important painter Adelardo Corvasí.
CONVENT AND CHURCH OF SAINT ANTONIO
It was founded in 1664 by the Alcantarine Franciscan Fathers of’ Nuestra Señora de la Luz de Moncarche, from Alconchel. It was considered one of the best convents at that moment, inhabited by 50 monks and with a capacity for 18 guests. Are currently declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.
CONVENT AND CHURCH OF SANTA CLARA
The Convent and Church of Santa Clara were founded in 1702 and it is now declared an Asset of Cultural Interest. It was built over the house of its founder, Leonor Golfín de Figueroa. Its construction has a baroque style, being considered a reliable trace of the artistic, social, political, and economic period to which the Convent belonged to.
NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA PIEDAD¨S SANCTUARY
The Sanctuary of ‘Nuestra Señora de la Piedad’ is located at the top of the ‘Parque de la Piedad’ and has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest. Its construction dates back to the beginning of the 16th century. The original image of ‘Nuestra Señora del Piedad’, who is the saint patron of the town, is located in a side niche of the nave.
TE DEVOTIONAL MUSEUM
The Devotional Museum is located next to the Sanctuary of ‘Nuestra Señora de la Piedad’. It was inaugurated on August 15, 1995.
CONDES DE OSILO PALACE
The construction of the ‘Casa Palacio de los Condes de Osilo’ started at the beginning of the 17th century.
THE MONSALUD PALACE
The Monsalud Palace was built in 1752 and it is considered one of the jewels of the heritage in Almendralejo. In these premises the Romantic poet Jose de Espronceda, was born.
MARQUÉS DE LA ENCOMIENDA HOUSE-PALACE
The ‘Marquis de la Encomienda Palace’, is currently declared an Asset of Cultural Interest. The Marquis arrived in the city of Almendralejo and ordered to build a Palace for him to live. It is a two-storey building organised according to the model of the 17th century noble residences.
NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA PURIFICACIO´S CHURCH
It was built in the 16th century over a little chapel that belonged to the 15th century. From the original chapel it is only preserved one of the doors, in late Gothic style. The wall decoration of the church has a special interest because it is one of the most extensive covered pictorial spaces in Extremadura.
This bullring was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in the Monument category in 2014. It is located next to the Nuestra Señora de la Piedad Park and it was inaugurated the 29th September 1843.
OBRERO EXTREMEÑO SOCIETY
In 1895, a group of craftsmen from Almendralejo founded the ‘El Obrero Extremeño Society’, which was created for recreational and cultural purposes, with the guarantee of an economic fund to help each other in case of any social need. It was built in 1930.
CAROLINA CORONADO THEATRE
Coinciding with a period of economic and demographic splendour, the businessman Pedro González Torres became the promoter of this magnificent building which owes its name to the famous romantic poetess Carolina Coronado, born in the city of Almendralejo in 1820. It was finished in 1916, five years after the poet's death.
WINE´S SCIENCE MUSEUM
The Wine Science Museum is located next to the Bullring and the Sanctuary of ‘Nuestra Señora de la Piedad’.
The Oenological Station was built in 1915 and was the first ampelographic and oenological station in Extremadura and the second in Spain.
Enter: buscar o ESC: cerrar